8/6/10

"Mixed Candy" - the Norwegian show




"Up for recycling": An outfit worn at India International Fashion Week by Miss Iceland, who initially (and unknowingly) gave me the idea of cooperating with beauty contest organizers.

It is time to reveal a public secret. I am the main designer of the Miss (and Mrs) Norway 2010 finale August 27th here in Oslo, an adventure for everybody involved. Here the contestants themselves will show my flower-, fruit- and macaroon-colored evening wear.

One of the winners will be sent to the Miss Earth finale in Vietnam in late November. Miss Earth is focused on the environment, and so is Miss Norway now. Before this, I have attended many seminars on green business and eco-friendly fashion, for future inspiration. I have also written a text about a more environment friendly fashion consumption at my homepage, with i.a. to many people surprising facts.

In thread with this, I therefore gave myself a challenge when it comes to this fashion show. Time was too short to make an entirely new collection anyway, and with the internal slogan "Reuse, remix & redesign" I decided to avoid buying new materials, and make the best out what I already had - from many of my favourite garments and fabric leftovers from earlier collections. The name for this show within the Miss Norway show was already given: "Mixed Candy", as the colors reminds of candy as well.

So far and probably until the finale show at Ballroom, only thread, zippers and some (? = wait and see) glass pearls have been bought for the occasion. More 90% of the outfits are either new, redesigned or never shown at a Norwegian catwalk before. Thus, I demonstrate that reuse does not have to be quirky or have the characteristic odour of flea markets and second hand shops. On the contrary, it can be quite glamorous!

After the show, most of the "Mixed Candy" garments will be sold at trendbazaar.no 


Raw materials for "Mixed Candy".

With a dedicated team and professional helpers within the entertainment and fashion industry, I hope this will be a very nice show. - I unfortunately know too much about the opposite. But as the Walt Disney´s Cinderella movie was the first inspiration source for me, I always survived harsh circumstances and work for a bright future. Because you owe it to yourself to at least try to fulfill your dreams!

Blogglisten

No comments:

Post a Comment